Lion Darius European Wall Tapestry, 45"x82"Item #:
"Lion I Darius" is a Belgian made jacquard wall tapestry. This image is a reproduction of a frieze from the Palace of Darius I of Persia, dating from circa 510 B.C. His palace was inspired by that of King Nebuchadnezzar II in Babylon's Ishtar gate. The Ishtar gate was a magnificent creation constructed at about 575 BC by order of King Nebuchadnezzar II. The gate protects the ancient city of Babylon and is made from lapis lazuli, the rare blue stone found in ancient Mesopotamia. A parade of animals is seen in the work, including the lion, winged bulls and dragons. Part of Mesopotamia, and built upon the Euphrates, the city of Babylon and its gates is a wonder of architecture and history.
- Jacquard Woven to enhance intricate patterns with depth and texture
- Heavyweight Yarns provide excellent sound absorption in miles of luxurious yarns
- Unique Artwork rejuvenated from medieval and modern masterpieces
- Hand-Finished Lining maintains structure and shape for timeless quality
- Sturdy Rod Pocket for easy and secure hanging regardless of shape and size
Finials and hanging rods sold separately
Ships directly from the loom or warehouse in 4-8 business days.
- Free Shipping on all U.S. Orders
- $25 Flat Rate Shipping on all International Orders
We offer a 30 day no hassle return policy. If you don't completely love your tapestry, we will happily replace or refund your purchase. Learn More.
We work hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices with the highest quality. If you find another online store with a lower price then us within 6 months of your purchase date, we will happily refund you the difference. Learn More.
Each tapestry begins with a carefully designed color matrix that replicates classic masterpieces or imbues inspiration from modern designs.
Flat woven techniques add precision and detail to every design
6 Miles of Thread
Heavyweight yarns provide excellent sound absorption
Sturdy Pocket Rod
Built-in pocket offer easy and secure hanging for any size tapestry
Hand Finished Lining
Maintains structure and shape for timeless quality